One Dead in Crash on IH-35 in San Antonio
A man was killed Friday morning as a result of a crash on Interstate 35 in San Antonio.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Crash
KTSA reports the fatal crash occurred around 3 a.m. on IH-35 between Eisenhauer and Walzem.
Police say the man was driving northbound on the highway when he collided with a pickup pulling a trailer. Responders performed CPR, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Traffic was diverted to the access road as officers worked the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is essential that you take the steps necessary to protect your rights and your claim to financial compensation. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients injured in crashes for more than 25 years. Our San Antonio car accident attorneys can help ensure you are fairly compensated for your damages and injuries.
Our attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. Call now for your free case consultation.