One person is dead following an early morning crash in Fort Worth, Texas on Monday.
Details of the Fatal Fort Worth Collision
WFAA reports the accident occurred on Interstate 35 near Allen Avenue just before 2:30 am.
Police arrived to find a single vehicle and a non-responsive man nearby. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police suspect the man was involved in a single-vehicle accident and was possibly struck by another vehicle after he exited his vehicle. The second vehicle did not remain at the scene.
Lanes were closed while investigators and crews worked the scene. An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car crash, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our Texas car accident attorneys have represented crash victims for more than 25 years and can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
We offer FREE case consultations to injured victims and work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay us anything unless and until we win you case. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you.