One Dead, One Critically Injured in Violent Dallas Crash
One person is dead and another is in critical condition following a two-vehicle crash in west Dallas.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Accident
According to FOX 4 News, the crash occurred in the westbound lanes of Interstate 30 near Loop 12 just after 3:30 am Sunday morning. Upon arriving at the scene, firefighters found both drivers were trapped in their vehicles.
Firefighters were able to extricate both drivers. One of the drivers was pronounced dead around 4:00 am. The other driver was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The crash remains under investigation. The names and ages of the drivers involved were not available.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in crashes on Texas roadways in 2019. This marked a slight decrease from the 3,656 deaths reported in 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in crashes in Texas with 15,855 people sustaining serious injuries.
- Based on crash data for 2019:
- A traffic death occurred in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- A traffic injury occurred every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Injured in a Car Crash in Dallas? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car crash in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our attorneys have represented car accident victims across Texas for nearly 30 years. We have secure record-breaking verdicts and settlements for our clients and built a reputation as a firm that gets results.
Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and have the experience and resources to handle your case in a manner you deserve. Further, because we work on a contingency fee basis, you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case. Call now for your free case consultation with a Dallas car accident lawyer.