One Dead, Three Injured in Illegal Street Racing Crash on Shoreline Boulevard
One person is dead and three others are injured following a two-vehicle crash on Shoreline Blvd in Corpus Christi, Texas. Police suspect illegal street racing played a role in the fatal crash.
Details of the Corpus Christi Street Racing Crash
According to KIII-TV, the fatal collision occurred Saturday night though a specific time for the crash was not immediately available. Early reports say a car was racing down Shoreline Blvd. when it ran a stoplight and slammed into a car coming off People’s Street.
The driver of the at-fault vehicle, a 21-year-old male, was rushed to the hospital where he later died. His 19-year-old passenger suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The occupants of the other vehicle, a 21-year-old man and a 36-year-old woman, were also taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Collision? Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Corpus Christi
Were you injured in a motor vehicle collision in the state of Texas? Our auto accident lawyers in Corpus Christi are available 24/7 to help you and provide you with a free consultation. We will start work on your case right away, offering sound legal advice, speaking to the insurance companies on your behalf, gathering evidence for your case, and even helping with property damage and medical bills on qualified cases. We handle all negotiations, depositions, mediations, litigation, settlements, court appearances, and everything in between to ensure you get a fair settlement or outcome for your family. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)