A driver was killed in an overnight crash Sunday when two vehicles collided and rolled over on Interstate 10 on San Antonio’s Northwest Side.
About the Fatal San Antonio Car Accident
KSAT reports the crash occurred on Interstate 10 near DeZavala Road just after 10 pm.
A Nissan was traveling in the right lane of I-10 when a Dodge tried to move from the second lane to the exit lane. The Dodge then lost control and hit a set of barrels on the interstate in front of the Nissan. The Nissan then collided with the crashed Dodge, causing both vehicles to roll over.
The driver of the Nissan was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. He was rushed to the hospital where he later died.
A passenger in the Nissan was transported to the hospital in stable condition, and a second passenger was treated at the scene.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249