One Dead, Two Injured in West Austin Crash
One person is dead and two others are injured following a multi-vehicle crash in west Austin Wednesday morning.
Details of the Fatal West Austin Crash
According to CBS Austin, the crash occurred around 7:45 am at the intersection of FM 2222 and Loop 360.
Upon arriving, responders found three vehicles were involved in the collision. They pronounced one person dead at the scene and found a second person pinned in their vehicle. After being extricated, the second individual was rushed to Dell Seton Medical Center with potentially serious injuries.
In a follow-up tweet, ATCEMS noted a third person involved in the crash was also taken to Seton Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in crashes on Texas roadways in 2019. This marked a slight decrease from the 3,656 deaths reported in 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in crashes in Texas with 15,855 people sustaining serious injuries.
- Based on crash data for 2019:
- A traffic death occurred in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- A traffic injury occurred every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Austin Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one in an accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law. While we know there is nothing that can replace the loss of a family member or loved one, we can help you receive compensation for the damages you have suffered as a result.
We have attorneys available 24/7 to assist you. Call now for your free case review with an Austin wrongful death lawyer.