One Injured in San Patricio Traffic Accident
A man was flown to the hospital following a crash in San Patricio County involving a truck and a farm tractor.
Details of the San Patricio Crash
KIII TV reports the accident occurred Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 37 near Edroy.
Officials said a truck struck a farm tractor, causing the driver of the tractor being ejected from his seat. A nurse and a doctor stopped to help the man until first responders arrived.
The driver of the tractor was transported to the hospital via HALO-Flight with critical injuries. The truck driver did not sustain any injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Car Crash? Contact a Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Law has representing injured clients in Corpus Christi for more than 25 years. Our auto accident attorneys work diligently to build every case in a manner that best serves our clients and their financial recovery.
If you have been injured in a crash, call our Corpus Christi car accident lawyers for a FREE consultation. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Let us worry about the insurance companies and the adverse driver, you just focus on getting better.
Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)