One Killed in Wrong-Way Collision on Dallas North Tollway
A wrong-way crash on the Dallas North Tollway left one person dead and a woman injured shortly after midnight Wednesday.
Details of the Dallas Tollway Crash
According to NBC-DFW, authorities were called to the scene of the fatal crash around 12:12 a.m. The accident occurred in the southbound lanes of the tollway near Mockingbird, involving a white Saturn sedan and a black Mercedes sedan.
A preliminary investigation suggests the Saturn was traveling north in the southbound lanes and struck the Mercedes head-on. The driver of the Saturn was pronounced dead at the scene and the driver of the Mercedes was transported to the hospital.
It is not clear why the driver was traveling in the wrong direction, and the crash remains under investigation. The condition of the driver of the Mercedes was not immediately available.
All southbound lanes of the tollway were closed as authorities investigated and crews cleared the scene. All lanes were reopened by 6:00 a.m.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.