One person is dead as a result of a two-vehicle collision on FM 666 in San Patricio County Sunday night.
Details of the Fatal San Patricio Crash
According to KRIS-TV, the accident happened around 10:07 pm on FM 666 about three miles north of Old San Patricio County.
Authorities say a Chevy Suburban and a Ford F-250 were traveling southbound on FM 666 when the F-250 slowed to make a turn into a private establishment. The driver of the Suburban failed to slow and rear-ended the F-250 causing both vehicles to leave the roadway.
The driver of the F-250, Joe Guerra Jr., 39, was pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger was transported to Driscoll Children’s Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The driver and passenger of the Suburban were transported to Spohn Shoreline Hospital.
2019 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,610 people were killed in traffic accidents in 2019, marking a slight decrease from the 3,652 deaths reported in 2018.
- The majority of traffic fatalities occurred in rural areas, accounting for 51.69% (1,866) of all traffic-related deaths in Texas.
- 731 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or related to intersections.
- Another 256,338 people were injured in traffic accidents in Texas with 15,843 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on crash data for 2019:
- One person was killed in a crash every 2 hours and 26 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Call an Experienced Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident in Corpus Christi or a surrounding community, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you with your claim and can help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)