A 27-year-old man was killed Thursday morning after being struck by a car in northwest Dallas. Police suspect alcohol to be a factor.
About the Fatal Dallas Pedestrian Accident
According to WFAA, the man was crossing Hudnall Street, near Maple Avenue and Denton Drive, when he was hit by a 2021 Toyota Tacoma. The incident occurred around 1:30 am.
Police say the Tacoma was traveling at a high rate of speed and determined the driver, Richard Alexander Rojas, 27, was intoxicated at the time of the crash.
The victim, who was not identified, was rushed to the hospital with critical injuries. He later died in surgery.
Rojas is expected to be charged with intoxication manslaughter.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident? Contact a Dallas Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one have been involved in a crash with a drunk driver, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. We can take immediate action on your case, putting you in the best position to recover full compensation for your accident and injuries.
Remember, Thomas J. Henry Law works solely on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case. Call now for your FREE Case Review with an experienced Dallas injury attorney.