Pedestrian Killed Walking Across Austin Highway Lane
One person is dead as a result of a pedestrian accident in Northeast San Antonio.
About the San Antonio Pedestrian Accident
According to KSAT News, the fatal pedestrian accident occurred Friday, November 13. Authorities arrived to the scene in 2200 block of Austin Highway around 9:30 pm.
The decedent was attempting to cross the road when a vehicle driving north on the highway slammed into him. San Antonio authorities state that the driver tried to stop before hitting the pedestrian.
The male victim was immediately killed during the crash and has not been identified by authorities yet.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curb side of the street.
Hit by a Car or Truck? Contact Our Team of Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one were hurt after being struck by an automobile, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team of experienced pedestrian injury lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your claim. We will help you recover the maximum amount of compensation and bring the negligent driver to justice. In addition, you won’t pay a thing unless we win your case. Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys has a track record of achieving record-breaking verdicts, settlements, and judgments for clients.
Extensive legal and financial resources allow our attorneys to put you in the best position possible to recover the damages you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.