Pedestrian Suffers Severe Injuries in Austin Accident
An early morning accident in Austin left a pedestrian with nearly fatal injuries Sunday, November 1.
About the Austin Pedestrian Accident
According to KXAN News, the accident occurred in Northwest Austin at the intersection of West Braker Lane and the Research Blvd service road. Austin-Travis County EMS reported to the scene around 9:15 a.m.
The pedestrian had to be immediately transported to Dell Seton Medical Center for treatment of severe injuries.
Official ATCEMS Tweets:
- Multiple #ATCEMS, @AustinFireInfo & @Austin_Police assets responding to a reported, but unconfirmed Rollover collision with an associated patient ejection & auto v pedestrian at W Braker Ln / Research Blvd SvRd NB (09:13); Unknown number of patients. More to Follow…
- FINAL: Confirmed Vehicle Collision with an associated Auto v Pedestrian at W Braker Ln/Research Blvd SvRd NB; #ATCEMSMedics have declared 1 adult patient a Trauma Alert & transported them to Dell Seton Medical Center with serious, potentially life-threatening injuries.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curb side of the street.
Hit by a Car or Truck? Contact Our Team of Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one were hurt after being struck by an automobile, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team of experienced pedestrian injury lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your claim. We will help you recover the maximum amount of compensation and bring the negligent driver to justice. In addition, you won’t pay a thing unless we win your case. Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys has a track record of achieving record-breaking verdicts, settlements, and judgments for clients.
Extensive legal and financial resources allow our attorneys to put you in the best position possible to recover the damages you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.