Playworld has announced a recall of their Lightning Slide stainless steel playground slides due to amputation hazard.
The weld between the slide bedway and sidewall of each slide can crack and separate. This is very dangerous for children as their fingers can get caught in the space between which presents risk for amputation.
Incidents and Injuries Reported
- Playworld has confirmed 13 reported incidents of broken welds.
- Of those 13 reports, 2 included children who suffered finger amputations.
Stainless Slides Recall Information
- There were about 1,300 units sold.
- The slides were manufactured in the United States by Horizon Industries in Columbia, Pennsylvania.
- The slides were distributed by Playworld Systems, Inc., of Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
- The recalled slides are made of stainless steel and have both single and double bedways.
- There are welds on both sides of each slide attaching the bedway to the sidewalls and the welds run continuously from the top to the bottom.
- There are no identifying marks on the slides.
Consumers should immediate stop using the slides and contact Playworld for a free replacement slide and free installation. A temporary barrier will be shipped to consumer prior to shipment of a replacement slide to prevent children from using the slide. Playword is contacting consumers who purchased the slides directly.