Police Arrest in a Recent Fatal Car Accident in North Austin, Texas
A man was arrested for his role in a fatal single-vehicle crash in Austin, Texas that left his passenger Monday night.
About the Fatal Austin Crash
KXAN reports that 19-year-old Leo Anthony Carreto-Lopez was arrested for intoxication manslaughter after a fatal crash in Austin that left one person dead.
The Austin car crash and death occurred in the 10900 block of South Interstate 35. Responders arrived at the scene to find a vehicle had struck a tree and caught on fire. Police suspect Carreto-Lopez was traveling at a high rate of speed when his vehicle left the road, drove into a grassy median, and crashed into a tree.
A man was pronounced dead at the scene, and ACTEMS said two other people were evaluated at the scene.
Carreto-Lopez’s bond was set at $75,000.
This car accident was the 48th fatal collision to be recorded in Austin, TX, accounting for the 49th death.
Common Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents
There are a number of forces your body faces when you are involved in a crash. From blunt trauma to sudden muscle strains, the human body faces a high potential for serious injuries. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we want to make sure you are compensated for all of the injuries you suffer.
Some injuries commonly suffered by our car accident clients include:
- Whiplash – Whiplash occurs when your body moves and/or stops suddenly, faster than you would on your own. This can strain ligaments and tendons in the neck, causing severe pain and injury without actually breaking bones.
- Cuts and scrapes – From broken glass to items in the car that suddenly become projectiles, there is a high risk of cuts and scrapes in a car crash. Depending on the severity of these cuts, you may require stitches or other medical treatment. Some can even result in scarring and disfigurement.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Trauma to the head can injure the brain. TBIs may manifest in the form of a concussion, but people can suffer TBIs without clear immediate symptoms. This is one reason why it is so important you get medical attention after a crash.
- Broken bones – Broken bones, especially broken legs, arms, and ribs, are very common in car accidents. Breaks can be painful and can result in long-term mobility issues if they do not heal completely.
- Back and neck injuries – The back and neck are even more fragile than you may think. Due to the complexity of the spine and the muscles that surround it, there is a high potential for injury. Back and neck injuries can cause long-lasting and even permanent pain.
Injured in an Austin Car Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one was injured in a fatal car accident in Austin, Texas, it is essential that you speak with a qualified injury attorney. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries and the damages you have suffered as a result of that crash. Thomas J. Henry Law can help ensure you receive the full compensation you are entitled to.