The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a release stating that Masterbuilt Manufacturing has recalled two models of their Electric Smokers. There have been at least 6 reports of the Masterbuilt smokers catching fire.
Electric Smoker – Fire Hazard
According to the CPSC, the woodchip tray on the electric smoker may fall and slide securely into the smoker. While the tray is stuck, the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker wood chips can combust and catch fire, causing the smoker’s door to blow open and cause a fire.
Description of Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
- About 11,000 units sold.
- The smokers are rectangular with a black matte color cabinet, a stainless steel door, and glass window.
- Model 20070312 – 32 inches high, 17 inches wide, and 15 inches deep.
- Model 20070512 – 40 inches high, 22 inches wide, and 16 inches deep.
- Model number can be found printed on the serial plate located on the rear panel of the smoker.
- Masterbuilt logo is screen printed on the smoker’s glass window.
- Unit sold at Brass Pro Shop and Cabela’s stores nationwide.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our attorneys represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.