Since COVID-19 struck, many people have moved from the close quarters of their local gyms to the wide expanses of the world outside their homes. Although the outdoors is a great place go jogging or practice sit-ups, the heat of the late summer months can make staying hydrated a great concern.
Hydration Tips for Outdoor Workouts
When you sweat, you lose both fluids and electrolytes. These must be replenished to keep the body strong and active.
Consider the following hydration and heat safety tips to protect you during this summer’s outdoor exercise routine.
- Hydrate Early—Even before you begin your workout, drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and continue to hydrate throughout the day.
- Measure Fluid Loss—To measure how much fluid your body has lost from sweat during your workout, weigh yourself before and after the workout. For every pound lost, drink about 20 ounces of fluid to fully rehydrate.
- Check Your Urine—Another way to monitor your hydration level is by checking the color of your urine. If your urine is dark like apple juice, you need to replenish your fluids with a hydrating beverage such as water or Gatorade. Urine the color of lemonade is hydrated and healthy.
- Cool Down Quick—Besides drinking to stay hydrated, you can also apply cool, wet towels to your body to keep your temperature down. You can keep these wet towels in a cooler until you need them.
- Make a DIY Cooler—You can make your own cooler using only a few household items: an empty cardboard box, bubble wrap, aluminum foil, and scissors. Cut bubble wrap into pieces that match the sizes of each side of the box and wrap each piece in foil. Line the box with the foil-wrapped bubble wrap and fill with ice.
About Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC
Thomas J. Henry Law is one of the nation’s leading personal injury firms. For over 25 years, the firm has fought to secure justice and compensation for individuals who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of others and to prevent similar instances of wrongful death from occurring again.
Founder Thomas J. Henry and his firm have been the recipients of numerous awards over the years.
In 2020, the firm was named one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor for the second consecutive year. It was the only law firm to secure the accolade.
In 2019, Thomas J. Henry Law was recognized as one of the nation’s Premier Law Firms by Newsweek.com. That same year, Bloomberg Businessweek published a feature on Thomas J. Henry, highlighting his firm’s “clear commitment to client satisfaction.” Thomas J. Henry was also named the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current.
In 2018, Thomas J. Henry was named a Distinguished Lawyer by Lawyers of Distinction and was also recognized as one of the Best Personal Injury Attorneys in the nation by Newsweek.com. In 2017, Thomas J. Henry achieved one of the 10 largest verdicts recorded in Texas for the year (awarded to Thomas J. Henry by Texas Lawyer, an ALM company) as well as the #1 Texas Car Accident, Bus Accident, and Negligent Supervision Verdicts for the year (awarded to Thomas J. Henry by TopVerdict.com).
Recent record-breaking verdicts include:
- $67 Million for a Workplace Accident Resulting in Leg Amputation (Expenses: $250,000 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,570,000 | Net to Client: $4,680,000)
- $50 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $1,126,381 | Attorney’s Fees: $21,000,000 | Net to Client: $27,000,000)
- $35 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $100,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $12,750,000.00 | Net to Client: $22,150,000.00)
- $30.2 Million for an Accident Involving a Recalled Vehicle Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $39,576.15 | Attorney’s Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57)
- $12.7 Million for a Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300.000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $2,000,000.00 | Net to Client: $10.4 Million – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10.9 Million for Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10 Million for a Company Vehicle Accident Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $125,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $4,250,000.00 | Net to Client: $5,625,000.00)
In 2016, Forbes Magazine named Thomas J. Henry a “Texas Leader in Law,” noting his ability to secure large financial awards, a positive reputation among professional peers, and a dedication to philanthropy at the local, national, and global levels.
Thomas J. Henry is also a lifetime member of both the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America.”
Outside of the courtroom, the firm is known for its many philanthropic endeavors and generous contributions to local and global communities.
The firm has an active philanthropy program which supports causes related to poverty, veterans, national disaster relief, education, animals, and the arts.
Thomas J. Henry is also a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum – the latter of which is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States with less than 1% of U.S. lawyers listed as members. Mr. Henry has also been declared a Lifetime Charter member of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys in America.”