Sager Creek Foods Recalls Vegetables due to Possible Allergen Risk
Sager Creek Foods, Inc., a subsidiary of Del Monte Foods, is issuing a recall on approximately 15,000 cases of field peas with snaps and green bean products due to a potential contamination of shellfish.
About the Sager Creek Foods Canned Vegetable Recall
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the recall is due to trace amounts of shellfish that the recalled products may contain. Those suffering from shellfish allergies can have serious and sometimes fatal allergic reactions if exposed to shellfish.
There is no risk for people without a shellfish allergy, and thus far, no illnesses have been linked to the recalled products. Consumers are advised to return the recalled products to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Description of the Recalled Vegetable Products
Most (98.5%) of the recalled cases of vegetables were distributed to food service customers. The products are sold in 106 ounce metal cans with Best by Dates of Jun 01 19 printed on the top.
The following products are part of the recall:
- Allens Cut Green Beans; UPC Code: 0 34700 01224 4
- Allens Cracker Barrel Label; UPC Code: 0 34700 01224 7
- Reliance BL Cut Green Beans; UPC Code: 0 74865 12172 9
- Monarch SWD Cut Green Beans; UPC Code: 7 58108 01041 3
- Monarch Mixed Cut Green Beans; UPC Code: 7 58108 01048 2
- Silver Source SH/C Green Beans; UPC Code: 8 06795 04718 9
- Reliance MX/SH Cut Green Beans; UPC Code: 0 74865 02895 9
- Allens Field Peas with Snaps; UPC Code: 0 34700 63214 8
The products were shipped to 22 states: AL, AR, CO, IL, MD, MO , MS, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, OK, PA, NC, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WY.