According to KSAT News, the San Antonio Police Department put out a search for a man who is responsible for driving directly into the side of his neighbor’s home.
Driver Drove Into the Home Several Times After an Argument
The incident occurred at Burd and Fenfield Avenues on the Southwest Side of San Antonio on the morning of November 14. Apparently, the driver purposefully drove into his neighbor’s home numerous times after a heated argument. The affected family was present inside the home during the attack.
After hitting the home, the driver escaped the location and evaded authorities. Police immediately began a search for the attacker in connection with various criminal charges for endangering his neighbors and destroying property.
The San Antonio Fire Department and Red Cross are working together to locate a temporary home for the family. Power sources such as electricity were shut off in the home since it is facing severe damages and repair.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced San Antonio car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.