Six Injured in North Austin Crash
This past Saturday, May 23, several people, including two minors, were injured in a car crash in Austin.
Details of the Austin Crash
According to KXAN, a total of six people were hurt in a car crash on the 12100 block of North Lamar Boulevard close to Braker Lane. Austin-Travis emergency services reported the crash happened on Saturday afternoon at 1:55 p.m.
Two children were severely injured and transported to Dell Children’s Seton Medical Center with trauma alerts for treatment. Four adults were also transported to Dell Seton Medical Center for serious injuries.
Fortunately, none of the injuries were considered life-threatening.
Austin-Travis County EMS (ATCEMS) reported on their Twitter that three vehicles were involved in the crash.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in traffic collisions in Texas in 2017.
- 761 of those deaths were associated with crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- An additional 254,853 people were killed in traffic accidents in 2017.
- On average:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident in Texas every 2 hours and 21 minutes in 2017.
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free legal consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real result for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.