Skateboarder Killed in Granbury Hit-and-Run
A 19-year-old skateboarder was killed Thursday night when he was struck by an unknown vehicle on Acton Highway.
About the Fatal Granbury Hit-and-Run
According to Hood County News, the body of Blythe Craig Baggett was found on the side of westbound Acton Highway by a passing motorist.
Baggett was struck while riding his skateboard. The driver the struck Baggett left the scene and did not report the accident.
Officials are asking for anyone with information regarding the crash or the vehicle involved to come forward. Tips should be submitted to the Texas Highway Patrol in Granbury at 817-579-3337.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
- The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) recorded 3,531 traffic-related deaths in 2015, marking little change from the 3,536 deaths recorded in 2014.
- 1,925 of the deaths recorded in 2015 occurred in rural areas of the state.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2015.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2015, TxDOT estimates that on average:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 29 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 61 seconds.