One driver was pinned inside his car and another suffered head wounds after a vehicle ran a red light and crashed into a pickup truck on Loop 410 on San Antonio’s North Side.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred Tuesday morning around 5 am at the intersection of Loop 410 East and Nacogdoches Road.
Police say a man was driving a Toyota Corolla at speeds around 90 mph when he passed through a red light and slammed into a pickup that was turning from Nacogdoches onto the Loop 410 access road. The pickup rolled several times before striking a light pole.
The driver of the pickup suffered a head injury and was treated by paramedics.
The driver of the Corolla became pinned in his vehicle which had crashed into a wall after the initial impact. He was transported to University Hospital with serious injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Attorney
When a negligent driver causes an accident, injured victims can be left facing expensive medical bills and financial stress. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we believe in holding the responsible party liable for their actions so innocent victims are not left footing the costs.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in San Antonio or a surrounding community, call our law firm now. We have attorneys standing by to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends. We even offer free case reviews to injured victims so they know what options are available to them.
Do not wait, call now to speak with a licensed car accident attorney in San Antonio.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191(attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address:5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249