Suspect in 2020 Homicide Causes High-Speed Crash in Corpus Christi
Police have arrested a man suspected of murder after he caused a highspeed crash in Corpus Christi Wednesday afternoon.
Suspect Previously Released from Jail
According to KIII-TV, police attempted to stop 18-year-old Eddie Quesada for an outstanding murder warrant after he was recognized by a supervisor with the Corpus Christi Police Department’s Gang Unit.
Quesada is suspected of killing 17-year-old Michael Joseph Quintero on November 27, 2020, outside of Quintero’s home on the 7900 block of Grizzley Drive. Quesada was booked into the Nueces County Jail on December 9 but was released on January 20 with documents stating the case may be re-filed at a later date.
On June 25, a grand jury reconvened, returning a True-Bill for Quesada for the incident with warrants being issued for murder and aggravated assault the same day.
Suspect Flees Traffic Stop, Causes Crash
Police attempted to stop a vehicle Quesada was in on the 5200 block of McArdle. The driver of the vehicle took off and attempted to evade police and caused a crash with an unrelated vehicle.
Quesada was arrested along with another occupant of the vehicle, 18-year-old roman Felan. Quesada is charged with murder, aggravated assault, unlawful carrying of a weapon, manufacture/delivery of controlled substance PG2, and possession of marijuana. Felan is charged with evading arrest and hindering apprehension.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Car Crash? Contact a Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Law has representing injured clients in Corpus Christi for more than 25 years. Our auto accident attorneys work diligently to build every case in a manner that best serves our clients and their financial recovery.
If you have been injured in a crash, call our Corpus Christi car accident lawyers for a FREE consultation. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Let us worry about the insurance companies and the adverse driver, you just focus on getting better.
Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)