Teen Hospitalized After Multi-Vehicle Crash in Austin
A teenager was hospitalized Thursday evening after a multi-car accident in southwest Austin.
At Least Seven Involved in the Fatal Austin Crash
According to KXAN, the fatal crash occurred just before 6:45 pm on Southwest Parkway at Travis Cook Road.
While details of how the crash occurred were limited, officials said at least seven people were involved in the collision. A teenager was transported to a hospital with “potentially serious, non-life-threatening injuries.”
Reports also indicate STAR Flight responded to the scene, but it is not immediately clear if they were responsible for transporting the teenager.
The crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Injured in a Car Crash? Call an Experienced Austin Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash in Austin, call Thomas J. Henry Law now. Our injury attorneys have the experience and resources to handle your claim and help you pursue maximum compensation.
Thomas J. Henry Law works on a contingency fee basis which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your claim. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you are unable to travel to one of our offices, we can send an Austin car accident attorney directly to you.