Teen Killed in Hit-and-Run Crash in Schertz
A 16-year-old boy was killed Tuesday night after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Schertz northeast of San Antonio.
Details of the Fatal Schertz Hit-and-Run
KENS 5 reports the fatal accident occurred near the intersection of FM 1103 and Interstate 35 just before 10 pm. The victim is believed to have been crossing the road when the crash occurred.
The driver who struck the teenager fled the scene, and the victim was found in the road by another driver. Police arrived to find the teen laying in the road and attempted lifesaving measures, but the boy was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are asking anyone with information on the crash or the driver’s identity to call the Schertz Police Department at (210) 619-1200. They are also hoping cameras from nearby businesses may have caught the hit-and-run on video.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Injured in a Pedestrian Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Our San Antonio car accident lawyers have represented clients across Texas and have built a reputation for securing record-breaking results on behalf of our clients.
Our attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. Call now for your FREE case consultation.