Teen Loses Life in San Antonio Crash
An 18-year-old woman tragically lost her life last Sunday after being involved in an early morning collision in San Antonio.
About the Fatal Prue Road Accident
A recent report from News 4 SA details a fatal crash which occurred Sunday, November 15. Dominique Otra, 18, was driving a Mustang northbound near Prue Road at around 1:32 am when she was involved in a two-vehicle accident.
Police believe a Dodge Challenger, carrying two males, may have attempted to pass the Otra’s Mustang and accidentally sideswiped the vehicle. The impact caused the Otra to lose control of her Mustang and spin into a pole.
Emergency service personnel were alerted to the 7900 block of Prue Road to attend to Otra who had been ejected from her vehicle and trapped underneath the car. EMS worked quickly to save the teen and transported her to University Hospital under critical care. She later succumbed to her injuries.
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Statistics 2018
Information taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced San Antonio auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.