Three Hospitalized in Crash involving an 18-Wheeler in Victoria, Texas
According to The Victoria Advocate, an accident involving a car and an 18-wheeler resulted in three people suffering from injuries and requiring hospitalization in Victoria, Texas, on Monday morning.
Details of the Car-Truck Accident
The accident occurred at the intersection of the U.S. Highway 59 frontage road and Texas Highway 185 at around 9:06 a.m. Jose Izaguirre drove his car north on the frontage road with two other passengers and failed to yield the right of way. A semi-truck, traveling west on Texas 185, slammed into his car.
The two passengers in Izaguirre’s vehicle sustained serious injuries in the crash, and one of the passengers required extrication, reports The Victoria Advocate. Izaguirre and his two passengers received treatment at Citizens Medical Center.
The Victoria Advocate reports that Izaguirre sustained non-life-threatening injuries in the collision.
Information on Trucking Accidents
The following information is provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 3,903 people died in crashes involving large trucks in 2014.
- An estimated 111,000 people suffered injuries in crashes involving large trucks in 2014.
- 74 percent of the people injured in these accidents were occupants of other vehicles.
- An estimated 438,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported traffic crashes during 2014.
- In 2014, large trucks accounted for 8 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes.