Three Injured in Denton County Multi-Vehicle Crash
Three people were injured Saturday night as a result of a four-vehicle crash in Denton County, Texas.
Details of the Denton County Wreck
According to NBC-DFW, the crash occurred around 10:09 am on State Highway 114 near Justin.
Authorities suspect a 2012 Fiat driven by Juan A. Fermin, 50, was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of the highway when it struck a Dodge pickup. The pickup then struck an Infinity in the opposite lane.
After striking the pickup, the Fiat collided with a Hyundai Elantra head-on.
Fermin was flown by air ambulance to Medical City Denton where he was being treated for severe injuries. The driver of the Hyundai, 23-year-old Emilee D. Caraway, and an adult male passenger were taken to Baylor Scott and White Hospital in Grapevine.
The accident remains under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Removed your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Injured in a Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
Thomas J. Henry Law has been representing clients across Texas for more than 25 years. Our experienced Dallas car accident lawyers serve clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area and in surrounding communities. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to handle your claim and can come to you if you are unable to travel to one of our offices.
Do not risk your claim to compensation. Call now for your FREE case review with a licensed attorney and begin your road to recovery.