Toyota Issues Urgent Recall: Airbag Inflator Risk Prompts Immediate Repair
According to The Guardian, Toyota recalls thousands of cars due to airbag inflator risk that could cause serious injuries or potentially lead to death.
Urgent Action Required:
- Toyota is urging owners of over 50,000 vehicles to get immediate recall repairs due to a potentially explosive airbag inflator.
- This “do not drive” warning covers 2003-2004 Corolla, Corolla Matrix, and 2004-2005 RAV4 models with Takata airbag inflators.
- These inflators can explode and hurl metal shrapnel, causing severe injuries or death to drivers and passengers.
- Over 30 deaths globally, including 26 in the US, are linked to Takata inflators.
- The recall covers driver’s airbags in RAV4s and front passenger airbags in Corolla and Matrix.
- Some Corolla and Matrix models also face a separate recall for airbags deploying without a crash.
- Do not drive the affected vehicles until the recall repairs are completed.
- Contact your Toyota dealer immediately to schedule repairs, which are free of charge.
- You can find more information on the recall and affected VIN numbers on the Toyota website and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or illness due to a defective or dangerous product, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Over two decades of experience handling a multitude of defective product cases and extensive legal and financial resources allow us to provide our clients with truly dynamic legal representation. Thomas J. Henry Law has a proven track record of achieving real results for clients devastated by recalled products.
Let our recall lawyers help you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Contact our attorneys today for a free case review