Toyota Recalls Roll-Away Sienna Minivans
Toyota has issued a recall on 615,000 of its Sienna Minivans in the United States.The issue lies in the transmission shifting gears out of the park position without the driver’s doing, causing the vehicle to roll away.
Description of the Faulty Transmission
- The shift lock solenoid is an electrical component and could be damaged.
- If so, it is possible that the shift lever could move out of the “P” position without the brake pedal ever being employed.
- When shifted out of ‘park,’ the vehicle can roll away.
Information on the Toyota Sienna Recall
- This recall only covers Toyota Sienna model vehicles.
- Model years 2004, 2005, and 2007-2009 are possibly affected.
- Twenty-one accidents have been tied to problems with the faulty transmission, two incidents have resulted in minor injuries; no deaths have been reported.
Contact an Experienced Auto Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective vehicles and auto parts.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled vehicle or defective auto part, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.