Two Children Dead After Crash in Travis County
About the Crash in Travis County
Around 11 p.m., emergency officials received information about a crash involving seven patients at the 3800 block of East Texas 71 service road, according to the Austin American-Statesmen.
When medics arrived, they performed CPR on the two children, but they were later pronounced dead at the scene. Two other people suffered potentially serious injuries and were taken to St. David’s South Austin hospital. The last two were not seriously hurt and refused treatment.
The crash remains under investigation.
Annual United States Crash Statistics
Information compiled by the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT):
- More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants.
- An additional 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention.
- Road crashes are the leading cause of death in the U.S. for people aged 1-54.
- The economic and societal impact of road crashes costs U.S. citizens $871 billion.
- Road crashes cost the U.S. more than $380 million in direct medical costs.
- The U.S. suffers the most road crash deaths of any high-income country, about 50% higher than similar countries in Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and Japan.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist fatalities continue to rise in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more pedestrians and cyclists were killed in 2018 than in any year since 1990.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free legal consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real result for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.