Two Critically Injured in Three-Car Crash in San Antonio
Two people were hospitalized in critical condition following a three-car crash in San Antonio early Sunday morning.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 2:27 am in the 5000 block of Interstate 10.
Police say the driver of a Mitsubishi Mirage attempted a lane change when it collided with a 2007 Nissan Sentra. The impact of the collision caused the Nissan to crash into a 2014 Toyota Camry.
The driver of the Camry was rushed to University Hospital and listed in critical condition. The passenger of the Nissan Sentra also suffered critical injuries and was transported to University Hospital as well.
The crash remains under investigation. No criminal charges have been filed.
2019 Texas Car Accident Statistics
- The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in traffic crashes in Texas in 2019.
- 735 of those deaths were attributed to collisions that occurred at or in relation to an intersection, and 597 people were killed in head-on collisions.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in crashes with 12,907 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a crash every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately.
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients in San Antonio and surrounding areas for more than 25 years. We handle all manner of personal injury claims and have garnered national attention for our handling of car accident and truck accident lawsuits.
Do not risk your claim to compensation. Take immediate action on your case by speaking with a San Antonio car accident lawyer today.