Two Dead in Fort Worth Wrong-Way Crash
Two people died during a wrong-way collision in Fort Worth, Texas on Sunday morning.
Details of the Fort Worth Wrong-Way Crash
According to NBC-DFW, the crash happened just after 2 am in the 3700 block of Martin Luther King Freeway. Upon arriving, police found that two vehicles had collided head-on.
Medical crews pronounced both drivers dead at the scene. All southbound lanes of the freeway were closed as the scene was investigated and cleared.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Remove your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Speak with an Experienced Dallas Injury Attorney
If you have been involved in a collision in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, contact Thomas J. Henry Law for your free case consultation. Since 1993, Thomas J. Henry Law has fought for injured victims throughout Texas. We have secured record-breaking verdicts and built a reputation for being a trial firm that will not settle for less than what our clients deserve.
We have auto accident attorneys available in Dallas and Fort Worth 24/7 to answer your questions and, if you choose, handle your claim. If you are unable to travel to our offices, call us and we can send an attorney directly to you.
Our Dallas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 214-646-3953(attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 6031 Connection Dr, #900, Irving, Texas 75039 (walk-in Monday through Friday)