Two people were killed and another person was injured as a result of a two-vehicle crash near Kingsville on Monday morning.
Details of the Fatal Kingsville Head-On Crash
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports the crash occurred around 11:20 am.
Preliminary reports say a Chevy Impala traveling westbound on Highway 141 veered into oncoming and struck a Nissan Infiniti.
The male driver and female passenger of the impala were pronounced dead at the scene. They have been identified as Eloy Soliz, 73, and Marie Guadalupe Gonzalez, 60.
The driver of the other vehicle was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was listed in stable condition.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Removed your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Injured in a Collision? Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Corpus Christi
Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident in Corpus Christi? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Our experienced personal injury attorney can take immediate action on your case putting you in the best position to recover full compensation for your injuries and damages.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, to assist you. Call now to speak with a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer.