Two people were killed and two others hospitalized as a result of a two-vehicle crash in The Woods neighborhood in southwest Dallas.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Wreck
According to the Dallas Morning News, the crash occurred around 9 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Eagle Ford Drive and Belt Line Road.
Police suspect the crash occurred when a Nissan SUV failed to yield at a stop sign and attempted to turn left from Eagle Ford onto Belt Line. A Lincoln sedan struck the Nissan on its passenger side.
The driver and one passenger from the Nissan were pronounced dead at the scene. A juvenile passenger in the Nissan and the driver of the Lincoln were taken to the hospital where they were listed in stable condition.
The crash remains under investigation. The identities of those involved were not yet released.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2019. This marked a .09% decrease from the 3,656 deaths reported in 2018.
- Of the deaths recorded in 2019, 735 were in accidents that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- Another 256,797 people were injured in crashes in Texas in 2019 with 15,855 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2019:
- A person was killed in a crash in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Injured in a Dallas Crash? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law Now
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one in a car accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law for a free case evaluation. Our attorneys are committed to securing fair financial compensation for those who have suffered injuries and damages due to the negligence of others. Every year, we successfully represent thousands of injured victims across Texas and the United States.
Do not wait. Call now to speak with a licensed car accident attorney in Dallas, Texas. We can take immediate action on your claim, putting you in the best position to secure the financial recovery you deserve.