Two Hospitalized, One in Serious Condition, After San Antonio Head-On Collision
Two women have been hospitalized and a man has been arrested following a head-on collision on San Antonio’s Northwest Side.
DWI Suspected in Head-on Collision
According to KSAT, the fatal crash occurred around 7:45 pm Friday in the 7700 of Oakdell Way.
Early reports say the women were traveling northbound on Oakdell Way in a Chrysler Sebring when a Kia Rio traveling southbound crossed into the path of the Chrysler, causing a head-on collision.
The two women in the Chrysler were transported to University Hospital where one was listed in serious condition.
Police say the driver smelled of intoxicants and was booked on two counts of intoxication assault and two counts of failure to stop and render aid following an evaluation by a DWI officer. He was also charged with unlawful carrying a weapon and passion of controlled substance.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249