Woman and Three Children Hurt in Dallas Car Crash
A woman suffered life-threatening injuries and three children were also injured following a crash at a Dallas intersection on Friday.
Details of the Dallas Crash
According to FOX 4, the crash happened around 1 am near the intersection of Interstate 20 and Polk Street.
Deputies say a woman was traveling north on Polk Street when she ran a red light and was struck by a pickup heading west on the Interstate 20 frontage road.
The woman suffered critical injuries and was rushed to the hospital. Three children in her car suffered minor injuries and are recovering.
The crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute and 7 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Dallas Car Crash Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in or around Dallas, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for a FREE Case Consultation.
Our law firm has represented car crash victims across Texas for more than 25 years. We have helped numerous clients recover financial compensation for their injuries and damages. Now, let us help you.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.