Woman Charged with DWI After Central Austin Crash
Police have arrested a woman in Austin for Driving While Intoxicated following a rollover accident in the central part of the city.
Details of the Austin DWI Crash
According to CBS Austin, the accident occurred in the 5200 block of Woodrow Avenue around 10:55 pm.
Police say the woman was traveling on Woodrow when she collided with a parked pickup and rolled her SUV. Austin fire crews helped the woman get out of her vehicle.
The woman was given a field sobriety test before being arrested on DWI charges.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Car Accident in Austin? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one was injured in a car crash in Austin or a surrounding community, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our attorneys have the experience and resources necessary to handle your case effectively and aggressively
We work on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay us unless and until we win your claim. Call now for your free case review.