Police have identified a woman who was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver in south Austin Thursday night.
Details of the Fatal Austin Pedestrian Accident
According to KXAN, the fatal hit-and-run happened at 8:16 pm in the 5100 block of South Congress Ave.
Terryn Dee Strahan was walking south on S. Congress when a driver of an unidentified vehicle traveling north struck her. The car left the scene in the direction of Williamson Creek, north of Stassney Lane.
The driver did not contact 911 or the authorities. Strahan was taken to a hospital where she died of her injuries.
Anyone with information on the accident or the driver involved is urged to call APD’s Highway Investigation tip line at 512-974-8111.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Our Austin auto accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. We have a reputation for securing record-breaking verdicts, and we handle every case with the attention and tenacity it deserves.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)