Young Woman Killed in NAS Drive Crash
A young woman was fatally injured Monday following a two-vehicle crash on NAS drive in Flour Bluff.
Details of the Fatal Corpus Christi Crash
According to KRIST-TV, the crash occurred around 3 pm Monday at the intersection of NAS Drive and Webb.
Early reports suggest a vehicle failed to observe the right-of-way at a stop sign. One woman, 18, was killed in the crash. She has since been identified as Isabella Trevino.
Two others were involved in the crash, but they did not sustain serious injuries.
The accident remains under investigation, but police do not suspect alcohol to have played a factor.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Collision? Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Corpus Christi
Were you injured in a motor vehicle collision in the state of Texas? Our auto accident lawyers in Corpus Christi are available 24/7 to help you and provide you with a free consultation. We will start work on your case right away, offering sound legal advice, speaking to the insurance companies on your behalf, gathering evidence for your case, and even helping with property damage and medical bills on qualified cases. We handle all negotiations, depositions, mediations, litigation, settlements, court appearances, and everything in between to ensure you get a fair settlement or outcome for your family. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)