A woman is dead and a second person is injured after a car crashed into a school bus in Jonestown, Texas Friday morning.
Details of the Fatal Jonestown School Bus Crash
FOX 7 Austin reports the crash happened around 8 a.m. Friday on FM 1431. TxDOT says a red Ford Focus crashed into a Leander ISD school bus, though additional details were not immediately available.
The driver of the Ford Focus was transported to the hospital where she died. The driver of the bus suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
There were no children on the bus at the time of the crash.
Jonestown Police Department Commander Tommy Headrick says he has seen “steady” increases in crashes on the section of road over the past five years. The bus crash was one of two crashes to occur on FM 1431 Friday.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Speak with an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in or around Austin, call Thomas J. Henry Law to speak with an experienced injury attorney. Our law firm has represented clients across Texas for more than 25 years. We can help you build your case so that you are in the best position to secure maximum compensation for your damages.
Our Austin car accident lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends. We offer free case consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your claim.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221(attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)