1 Dead in Fiery Dump Truck Crash in Houston
Police are investigating a fatal collision between a pick-up truck and a dump truck in North Harris County on Friday.
Details of the Fatal Houston Dump Truck Crash
ABC 13 reports the crash occurred in the 14100 block of Chrisman Road, near Aldine Bender.
An early investigation suggests the pick-up ran into the back of the dump truck before overturning and catching on fire.
One person was declared dead at the scene. It is unclear if other injuries occurred.
The crash remains under investigation, and the name of the decedent has not been released.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one were injured in a trucking accident in or around Houston, call Thomas J. Henry Law for a FREE Case Review.
Our law firm has represented injured clients across Texas for more than 25 years. We have the experience and resources to handle your claim with the experience and dedication you deserve.
Call now to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney in Houston.