18-Wheeler Crashes in Round Rock, Shuts Down Hesters Crossing
Hesters Crossing was shut down for seven hours after an 18-Wheeler crashed and spilled fuel across the roadway.
Details of the Round Rock 18-Wheeler Crash
KXAN reports the crash occurred around 1:50 a.m. Thursday and involved an 18-wheeler and a passenger car. The 18-wheeler overturned coming to rest on its passenger side.
Hesters Crossing Road was closed between the southbound Interstate 35 frontage road and Rawhide Drive near the Hesters Crossing Shopping Center.
The roadway was left closed for about seven hours as crews cleared and cleaned the scene. Lanes were reopened around 9:00 a.m.
Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 4,951 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks in the United States in 2018, marking a 1-percent increase from 2017.
- Of those killed in traffic accidents involving large trucks:
- 71 percent were occupants of passenger vehicles
- 18 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 11 percent were pedestrians or bicyclists
- 77 percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on weekdays
- An additional 151,000 people were injured in trucking accidents in 2018, marking a 2-percent increase over 2017.
- Texas led the country in trucking accident deaths with 664 fatalities recorded. Texas was followed by California with 352 deaths and Florida with 321 deaths.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been involved in an 18-wheeler accident in San Antonio, do not risk your claim to compensation. Thomas J. Henry Law has experienced injury attorneys in San Antonio ready to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends.
Our ability to win complex litigation combined with our commitment to client satisfaction has led to national recognition, including articles in Forbes and Businessweek. Thomas J. Henry was named one of the Best San Antonio Lawyers by San Antonio Scene for three consecutive years (2018, 2019, and 2020) and was recognized as the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current in 2019 and 2020. He is a lifetime member of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America” and his firm, Thomas J. Henry Law, was named one of the Top Law Firms of 2020 by Newsweek.com.
Contact us today for a FREE case consultation with a licensed 18-wheeler accident attorney in San Antonio. Attorneys are standing by.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249