2 Dead After Jeep Crashes into 18-Wheeler on I-35
Two people were killed Sunday night after a Jeep crashed into an 18-wheeler on Interstate 35 near San Marcos.
Details of the San Marcos 18-Wheeler Crash
According to KXAN, the fatal 18-wheeler accident occurred at around 10:24 pm near mile marker 208 of I-35.
Reports say the driver of a 2014 Jeep collided with the back of a trailer being hauled by an 18-wheeler. The tractor-trailer was parked off the main lanes of the highway near a Texas Department of Public Safety weigh station.
After the initial impact, the Jeep caught on fire. Both of the people inside the Jeep died.
Police are now investigating the cause of the accident, though the City of San Marcos reported that no charges are expected to be filed.
The identities of those killed in the collision have not been identified pending an autopsy completed by the Hays County Justice of the Peace.
Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
If you or a loved one have been involved in an 18-wheeler accident in San Antonio, do not risk your claim to compensation. Thomas J. Henry Law has experienced injury attorneys in San Antonio ready to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends.
Our ability to win complex litigation combined with our commitment to client satisfaction has led to national recognition, including articles in Forbes and Businessweek. Thomas J. Henry was named one of the Best San Antonio Lawyers by San Antonio Scene for three consecutive years (2018, 2019, and 2020) and was recognized as the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current in 2019 and 2020. He is a lifetime member of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America” and his firm, Thomas J. Henry Law, was named one of the Top Law Firms of 2020 by Newsweek.com.
Contact us today for a FREE case consultation with a licensed 18-wheeler accident attorney in San Antonio. Attorneys are standing by.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249