2 Dead in Four Vehicle Crash at Texas ATM
Details of the Fatal Saginaw Collision
According to the Star Telegraph, the fatal crash occurred when William Harrell, 25, lost control of his Ford F-250 on North Saginaw Boulevard, left the roadway, and struck a Chrysler 300 that was parked at ATM.
The driver of the Chrysler 300, 43-year-old Bobby Bibles, was ejected from his vehicle and died at the scene. Harrell was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth where he later died.
Bibles’ car was forced into to other nearby vehicles, which were not occupied.
Detectives investigating the crash are awaiting toxicology results.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TDOT):
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways for 2016 was 1.44 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled, which is a 3.59% increase from 2015.
- 265,076 people were injured in motor vehicle accidents in 2016.
- In 2016 there were no deathless days on Texas roadways.
- 57% of the state’s traffic fatalities occurred in rural areas.
- Based on reportable crashes in Texas in 2016, 1 person was killed every 2 hours 20 minutes.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Our attorneys are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices– we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.