Corpus Christi Personal Injury Lawyers
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Clients in Corpus Christi, Texas For Over 25 Years
For more than 25 years, Thomas J. Henry has fought to protect the rights of victims injured in car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, and workplace accidents. Our ability to secure record-breaking verdicts and willingness to litigate against the largest companies and corporations in the world has earned us a reputation as Corpus Christi’s “go-to” personal injury law firm. With a team of dedicated Corpus Christi injury lawyers ready to assist you, our clients can rest assured their case is in the most capable hands, from intake to resolution.
If you’ve been injured, don’t wait; contact us now to start your Free Case Consultation.
- Phone Number: (361) 254-7873
- Address: 521 Starr St, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401
Please note our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to accommodate your needs. If you are unable to travel to our office, we can arrange to visit you at home or in the hospital.
Remember, Thomas J. Henry fights for the little guy. We do not represent insurance companies, and we do not represent corporations. We represent the Corpus Christi community. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, call Thomas J. Henry to start your Free Case Consultation.
Corpus Christi Injury Lawyers Handling a Broad Scope of Practice Areas
At our Corpus Christi law offices, our injury lawyers handle cases concerning all of our legal practice areas, including:
- Car Accident Lawyers – In 2017 alone, there were 8,896 car accidents recorded in Corpus Christi resulting in 37 deaths and more than 1,000 injuries. From the Crosstown Expressway to congested intersections along Staples, Everhart, and Weber, a serious car accident is never far away. Fortunately, our experienced Corpus Christi car accident lawyers are ready to respond to your collision, no matter when or where it happened.
- Company Vehicle Accident Lawyers – Company vehicles accidents include those involving vehicles like dump trucks, school buses, city buses, construction vehicles, and Lyft and Uber vehicles. These cases can be particularly complicated due to the extra rules and laws regulating company vehicles and their drivers. If you’ve been involved in a company vehicle accident – do not wait! Speak with a Corpus Christi company vehicle accident lawyers immediately.
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers – Medical errors are among the leading causes of death in the United States. Even when not fatal, medical errors can result in catastrophic injuries and debilitating conditions. Our firm has handled many medical malpractice cases in Corpus Christi and across the state of Texas. We have helped injured victims and their families recover compensation they need to cover past and future medical bills and lost wages from missed work. Our goal is to provide these victims of medical malpractice with a chance to seek justice and receive the compensation they deserve.
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers – Fatal motorcycle accidents are common on the Texas roadways, and Corpus Christi is no exception when it comes to these types of crashes. In 2017, Texas surpassed 500 motorcyclist fatalities for the second year in a row. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents tend to be severe in nature, often requiring surgeries as well as years of treatment and physical therapy. In addition to physical hardships, medical bills and time off of work can place financial burdens on you and your family. Let our Corpus Christi motorcycle accident attorneys assist you with the legal process and help you get back on your feet.
- Premises Liability Lawyers – The concept of premises liability involves an injury caused by a dangerous, unsafe, or defective condition on a property. Premises liability cases are oftentimes complex and require a legal team with vast experience handling these types of claims. They also require resources and the ability to retain experts that can help prove your story. Thomas J. Henry has handled many successful slip and fall cases in Corpus Christi for more than 25 years. Let our dedicated team of attorneys help you get the compensation you need to cover mounting medical bills and lost wages from missing work.
- Trucking Accident Lawyers – According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in Nueces County, including Corpus Christi, there were 388 accidents involving commercial motor vehicles in 2017 alone. Approximately 140 injuries and five deaths resulted from these wrecks. The nature of trucking accidents oftentimes results in serious injuries, including head and back injuries. If you have been injured in a semi-truck accident, it is important to act fast and find an experienced Corpus Christi trucking accident attorney to evaluate your case.
- Workplace Injury Lawyers – Many of the top industries in Corpus Christi are also some of the most dangerous in the country. This includes agriculture, oil and gas extraction, transportation, warehousing, and construction. In these industries, an accident at work can lead to serious, if not fatal, injuries. Employers are obligated to provide a safe environment for workers. Although the industries above are some of the more dangerous, unfortunately injuries can occur in any work setting. It’s important to reach out to a local workplace injury attorney in Corpus Christi if you’ve suffered from an injury, no matter how severe. At Thomas J. Henry, our lawyers are available to you whenever you need us. A free legal consultation is only a call or click away.
Do I Need an Attorney for My Corpus Christi Accident?
If you have been injured, then you have undoubtedly questioned if you should contact an attorney or pursue your claim through your insurer. The important thing to remember that there is a difference between contacting an attorney and hiring an attorney. Regardless of your injury or how it occurred, it is always best to at least reach out to an attorney. Speaking with an experienced attorney can help you understand the options that are available to you and inform you to your best course of action. This is why Thomas J. Henry Law offers FREE no-risk case consultations to all injured victims.
Remember, insurance adjusters are familiar with claim procedures and liability, even when you are not. It is also important to remember that the primary job of an insurance adjuster is to limit their client’s liability and save their company money. Everything said during phone calls and recorded statements to an insurer can be used to challenge your claim, twist liability, and downplay the extent of your injuries. In short, the insurance company and their adjusters do not have your best interests in mind.
Injury attorneys understand the tactics most often used by insurers to chip away at a claim, and they can advise you on how your case may benefit from experienced legal representation. The insurance company representing the person or entity responsible for your injuries has already begun the process of safeguarding themselves against liability – isn’t it time you took the steps necessary to protect your rights and claim to compensation?
What Should I Ask During a Legal Consultation?
During your initial meeting with an injury attorney, you will be asked many questions regarding the accident and the injuries you sustained. You should also be prepared to ask the attorney questions of your own. It can be helpful to create a list of questions you have for the attorney prior to the meeting so you don’t forget anything when you get there.
Important questions to ask your prospective accident attorney include:
- How long have you been practicing law in this practice area?
- What is your track record of succeeding in these cases?
- Do you have trial experience?
- How much will it cost to hire you?
One of the most important questions to ask your lawyer is how they charge for services, Our firm, for example offers free case reviews and charges on a contingency basis. In a contingency fee arrangement, an attorney agrees to accept a fixed percentage of your recovery as payment. This means that if you win your case, your attorney will collect their fees and expenses from the money awarded to you. However, if you lose your case, your attorney will collect nothing.
What Do I Risk By Not Contacting a Corpus Christi Lawyer?
The risks of not contacting an attorney after an accident cannot be overstated. Simply put, you are jeopardizing your entire claim to recovery as well as future financial stability. Speaking to an insurer or insurance adjuster without consulting with an attorney can often result in:
- Unintentional inconsistencies – Crashes and accidents are hectic and disorienting. As time moves on, you will likely remember less and less about the events leading up to and following your accident. When an insurance company goes back to compare all the statements you made over a period of weeks or months, they will claim that any inconsistencies were attempts by you to mislead the company and label them as lies before a judge or a jury.
- Exposure to trick questions– Representatives often ask trick questions or word their inquiries in a way meant to trick or trap you. You may even be pressured into agreeing to facts that are not completely accurate just to get the representative off your back. Even an aggravated response of “I don’t know, maybe” or “I guess” can come back to haunt you later.
- Exposure to leading statements – Even a statement that seems innocent on its surface can damage your claim depending on your response. For example, by giving a positive response to statements like “I hope your back is starting to feel a bit better” or “Wow, it’s a miracle you weren’t more seriously injured,” you could be tricked into understating the severity of your injuries.
- Failure to report undiagnosed injuries – Most doctors agree that the full extent of injuries suffered in an accident may not be evident until several days after the accident has occurred. If a claims adjuster contacts you within 24 hours of a crash and asks about your injuries, chances are you will not be able to provide a complete list of injuries. This will not stop the insurance company from questioning and attempting to dismiss any injuries that became symptomatic after that initial recorded statement was made.
- Provide material for cross-examination – By the time deposition or trial occurs, chances are the defense counsel will have reviewed your recorded statements dozens of times. They will craft questions for cross-examination with the understanding that you likely don’t remember everything you said or agreed to in that recorded statement. And when you misremember or contradict yourself in a moment of confusion, they will try to claim your misstatement proves your testimony is not credible.
A Firm with National Recognition
When you get results like this, people take notice. Thomas J. Henry is among the top personal injury law firms in Texas and in the United States. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Magazine – Thomas J. Henry- 2016 Texas “Leaders in Law”
- Lawyers of Distinction – Thomas J. Henry
- San Antonio Current – Thomas J. Henry- Best San Antonio Attorney 2018
- Newsweek.com – Thomas J. Henry- Best Personal Injury Attorneys of 2018
- TopVerdict.com– Thomas J. Henry – #1 Texas Car Accident Verdict of 2017
- TopVerdict.com – Thomas J. Henry – #1 Texas Bus Accident Verdict of 2017
- TopVerdict.com– Thomas J. Henry – #1 Texas Negligent Supervision Verdict of 2017
- Texas Lawyer (an ALM Publication) – Thomas J. Henry- #1 Worker/Workplace Negligence of 2017
- Legal Leaders Magazine (an ALM Publication) – Thomas J. Henry- 2016 Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers
- Newsweek.com – Premier Law Firm of 2016
- Rue Ratings – Thomas J. Henry- Named Life-Time Member of Best Attorneys of America
- Legal Leaders Magazine (an ALM Publication) – Thomas J. Henry- 2015 Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers
- Rue Ratings – Thomas J. Henry- 2015 Best Attorneys of America
- Newsweek.com – Thomas J. Henry- Legal Superstars 2015
- Newsweek.com – Thomas J. Henry- 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys 2014
- Texas Lawyer (an ALM Publication)– 2014 Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame
- Texas Lawyer (an ALM Publication) – #1 Workplace Injury Verdict of 2013
- National Trial Lawyers – Thomas J. Henry- Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2013)
- National Law Journal – Top 100 Verdicts of 2013
- Parenting Magazine – Thomas J. Henry- 2013 Top Birth Injury Advocates
- National Law Journal – Top 100 Verdicts of 2012
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Thomas J. Henry (lifetime member)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Thomas J. Henry (lifetime member)
Client Reviews of Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Lawyers
Great firm! I would recommend to all of my friends and family.
– Genesis R., 6/9/2018