Four people were hospitalized Sunday evening following a two-vehicle crash in South Austin.
Details of the South Austin Crash
According to KXAN, the crash occurred around 7:30 pm at 10601 Old Manchaca Road.
ATCEMS officials transported a minor to Dell Children’s Medical Center. Two adults were transported to St. David’s South Austin Medical Center and another adult was taken to Dell Seton Medical Center.
All four sustained potentially serious injuries.
The crash remains under investigation. The identities of those involved were not released.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in crashes on Texas roadways in 2019. This marked a slight decrease from the 3,656 deaths reported in 2018.
- 67% of those fatalities occurred in rural areas of the state, totaling 1,672 deaths.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in crashes in Texas with 15,855 people sustaining serious injuries.
- Based on crash data for 2019:
- A traffic death occurred in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- A traffic injury occurred every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Injured in an Austin Car Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in Austin, call Thomas J. Henry Law today to speak with an attorney.
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented injured clients throughout Texas for nearly 30 years. We will take immediate action on your case, putting you in the best position to recover maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
We work on a contingency fee basis which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case. If you are unable to travel to our office we can send an experienced Austin car accident lawyer directly to you.