3 Dead, 2 Injured After Car Crashes into Tree in San Antonio
A violent crash on San Antonio’s Northwest Side left three people dead and two others injured early Tuesday morning.
Car Crashed Through Fence, Landed in Tree
According to KSAT, the fatal crash occurred just after 2 am near Babcock Road and Clear Rock Drive.
Officers arrived to find that a 2014 Jeep Cherokee has hit a large rock and went airborne, crashing through a fence of a home before landing in a tree. Three people, including the driver, were ejected from the car.
Two of the individuals involved were killed immediately. Paramedics performed CPR on a third person, but he was also pronounced dead at the scene.
Two other passengers were injured, one of whom was hospitalized in critical condition.
Police suspect the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed before losing control of the vehicle. The homeowner involved said that all those in the car appeared to be men in their early 20s.
The homeowner also added that this is the third time someone has crashed into his backyard and said drivers often take the curvy road to quickly.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249