Three people are dead following a major crash that occurred on San Antonio’s far west side early Sunday morning.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Accident
According to KENS 5, the wreck happened around 1:00 am when an SUV traveling eastbound on 1604 was struck by another vehicle near the intersection with Culebra Road. Two of the four occupants of the SUV had to be extricated by firefighters with the “jaws of life.”
Two men, 37-year-old Daniel Valenzuela, Jr. and 69-year-old Daniel Valenzuela, Sr., were pronounced dead at the scene. A third victim, 84-year-old Andrea Iglesias Uvalle, died after being taken to a local hospital.
The driver of the other vehicle was also hospitalized. The driver, identified as 17-year-old Elijah James Montalvo, was charged with three counts of intoxication manslaughter with a $700,000 bond.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249