Three people are dead and five are injured following an 18-wheeler accident in Seguin, Texas.
Details of the Fatal Sequin 18-Wheeler Crash
According to KSAT, the accident occurred around 3 pm Thursday when an 18-wheeler transporting meat on Interstate 10 lost control and collided with a guardrail before bursting into flame.
Police suspect the driver of the 18-wheeler may have braked abruptly as vehicles changed lanes to avoid TxDOT workers in the area. Slick roads may have also been a factor in the crash.
The initial crash caused a chain-reaction of collisions, involving four other vehicles.
Three people were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. They were identified as Jason A. Howell, 48, and Jason N. Sanchez, 36, of San Antonio and Joseph D. Cline, 37, of Marion.
Two people were transported to the same hospital, and two others were treated at the scene.
Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 4,951 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks in the United States in 2018, marking a 1-percent increase from 2017.
- Of those killed in traffic accidents involving large trucks:
- 71 percent were occupants of passenger vehicles
- 18 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 11 percent were pedestrians or bicyclists
- 77 percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on weekdays
- An additional 151,000 people were injured in trucking accidents in 2018, marking a 2-percent increase over 2017.
- Texas led the country in trucking accident deaths with 664 fatalities recorded. Texas was followed by California with 352 deaths and Florida with 321 deaths.
Were You Injured in an 18-Wheeler Crash? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
18-wheeler accidents can be devastating, often resulting in serious and long-term injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. Call Thomas J. Henry Law now for a free case review with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you.
Meet with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in San Antonio:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)