Three people, including one child, were killed in a tragic head-on collision in Winters, Texas Sunday night.
Details of the Fatal Winters Crash
KTXS reports that 51-year-old Francisco Galvan Trevino of San Antonio was traveling eastbound in a 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe when he attempted to pass multiple vehicles and slammed head on with a 2020 Ford Edge carrying five people.
The accident occurred on Highway 153, about six miles west of Winters, at around 10:19 pm Sunday night, and resulted in the Ford Edge catching fire.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, Adalynn R. Muniz, 7, Marissa Ramos, 20, and Cissy Ramos, 46, of Plainview were pronounced dead at the scene. Two others children in the Ford Edge, Kolbie Ramos, 9, and Keelie Ramos, 12, were critically injured and transported to Hendrick Medical Center.
Trevino was also injured and transported to Hendrick Medical Center.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and attempt to take appropriate evasive action.
- Removed your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced Texas car accident lawyers have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.
Thomas J. Henry Law Offices with a Car Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Speak to an Austin car accident lawyer:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a San Antonio car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)